Monday, February 8, 2010

Funny How It All Ended Up


I think this is my favorite one in terms of sheer production values. Other Spookshow In Your Pants stuff, recorded on a crappy four-track cassette recorder, knock it out of the park for sentimental reasons, but this is the one I'm most proud of in terms of studio prowess. My friend Bryan worked at a TV station and had access to the stuff relating to 9/11 you never got to see (bodies splattering on the pavement after jumping from the twin towers, etc.) and was planning to do a film of how media accessability accelerated from Pony Express times to September Eleventh. A great idea, but he never went through with it. This was the music I composed for that abandoned project...the tune builds from a place of quiet truth and accelerates into the frenzied hype-monster of media today (Christ, could I be any more pretensious?) Click the title to listen or DL.

No comments:

Post a Comment